…neither you nor I, the health & safety executive, the fire officer, the police, the ambulance service, the loss adjuster, your insurers, your bankers, suppliers, customers and staff – no one, in fact, will give a toss about how much you paid for your business insurance.
They’ll all be taking statements, looking for bits of paper, asking questions, but not about your premium. Our obsession with ‘the premium’, how cheap it can be, obscures our ability to ‘get real’ about the business insurance market.
Anyone can ‘quote you happy’, but, ‘happy claims’ are hard to come by, here’s why…
There are four, great, indisputably UGLY TRUTHS about business insurance. Did you know…
- Insurance companies dispute 50% of all large claims from businesses* (that’s worth reading twice!)
do this for two reasons:
- breach of policy conditions (which you never read or remembered)
- inadequate information disclosure (which you didn’t think important at the time).
- It takes 3 years on average‡ to resolve a large disputed claim (if you can resolve it!). Meanwhile, without cash flow, your business goes into administration.
- This is why 43% of businesses experiencing a disaster NEVER RECOVER*, not because they have experienced a disaster, but because their insurance is a disaster!
The instant gratification of saving a few quid now will turn to burning resentment in the cold light of a bad day when your future looks bleak and no one is stumping up.
Finance Directors weary with overheads, brokers obsessed with ‘targets’ can become mesmerised by the single, shining prize, but all that glitters is not gold. There is no such thing as ‘cheap insurance’, it’s an oxymoron, like ‘the living dead’, which is what half of all businesses become on the morning after the fire.
We’re sleeping with the enemy…
…but the enemy is not the cold-hearted insurance company, it’s our own complacent attitude towards purchasing a complex contract upon which our entire future rests.
Complacency is the active ingredient in a recipe for disaster, formulated by ‘cheap and easy’.
So, what’s the answer?
At the Business Insurance Bureau, we know that it’s not about how cheap you make it, but how you make it cheaper.
Here’s how we can save you money and protect your future:
Bob the Broker’s business philosophy!
Making it cheaper, by doing it right™
There is only one legitimate way to make your insurance cheaper: cutting down claims by controlling the risk. That takes partnership, relationships, service commitment, expertise and ‘going the extra mile’.
No one else will provide this – a Risk Management Rebate Voucher worth up to
£500.00† towards the cost of:
Cleaning Kitchen Extract Systems • Fixed Electrical Testing • PAT Testing • Fire Risk Assessment • Health & Safety Compliance • Security Compliance • ISO Accreditation • and other risk improvements
Not only that! We also…
- Offer multi-location discounts on top of your rebate
- Offer two to three year deals, with a no claim bonus!
- We give you a rebate every single year, per location that you renew on our unique facility and get the risk improvements completed and verified.
- Tailor the policy conditions around your routines, not your routines around the policy conditions.
- Run a reminder service to help make sure you don’t miss compliance and policy dates.
- Provide a claims and risk management co-ordination, so you can concentrate on your business.
Keeping your claims low and your premiums lower, we’re making it cheaper, by doing it right™
Don’t wait, call Bob and the team now!
†Terms and conditions apply. Rebates are calculated based off your final premium amount and on receipt of legitimate certification that the work has been carried out. The £500 figure is based on a sample of 101 clients who received a rebate between 2016-2017.
*sources: business continuity institute/london chamber of commerce and industry ǂft.com July 2014 MacTavish