It's not about bread and butter issues anymore
Will it be a recipe for disaster? Or the champagne on ice?
Even if your business is toast, we'll make sure you don't get burnt
It’s a tough gig… Running a food or drink business is a tough gig, literally, if you provide entertainment too.
And recently, it’s got much tougher:
- The Pandemic
- Food Shortages
- Rising Insurance Premiums
- A Petrol Crisis
- The Living Wage
- Brexit staff shortages
- Exchange rate food price increases
- Local authority rates increases
‘Bread & Butter’ issues have been overtaken by a spectacular increase in costs. Lots of businesses are struggling to cope. If ever there was a time to think about new ways to control costs, that time is now.
Why do hospitality businesses pay big insurance premiums?
- There are about 8000† commercial kitchen fires in the UK every year.
- Slips & trips, spills, knife cuts, wet floors, naked flame, boiling liquids, burns.
- Cleaning chemicals, lifting, mechanical equipment, glass breakage, food poisoning.
- Time pressure, back pain, dermatitis, gas safety, ventilation, heat.
- On top of a tidal wave of regulation and legislation.
- Forced closures during the pandemic resulted in insurance companies raising premiums due to a higher risk of closure.
There are four GREAT INDISPUTABLY UGLY TRUTHS about business insurance
And as if that wasn’t hard enough, let’s see how the four ugly truths about business insurance add to that list….
1. Insurance companies dispute 50%*of all large claims from businesses.
2. They do this for two reasons:
a. breach of policy conditions (which you’ve never read or remembered)
b. inadequate information disclosure (like if you forgot to tell them about the live entertainment)
3. It takes on average three years to resolve a large disputed insurance claimǂ (if you can resolve it). Meanwhile, without cash flow, your business goes into administration.
4. This is why 43%* of all businesses experiencing a disaster never recover – not because they have experienced a disaster, but because their insurance is a disaster!
large claims disputed
reasons this happens
years to resolve
businesses never recover
So, what’s the answer?
At the Business Insurance Bureau, we know that it’s not about how cheap you make it, but how you make it cheaper.
Bob the Broker’s business philosophy is called: Making it cheaper, by doing it right™
There is only one legitimate way to make your insurance cheaper: cutting down claims by controlling the risk.
That takes partnership, relationships, service commitment, expertise and ‘going the extra mile’.
No one else will provide this – a Risk Management Rebate Voucher worth up to £500.00† towards the cost of:
- Cleaning Kitchen Extract Systems
- Fixed Electrical Testing
- PAT Testing
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Health & Safety Compliance
- Security Compliance
- ISO Accreditation
- and other risk improvement
How does it work?
The small print...
†Terms and conditions apply. Rebates are calculated based off your final premium amount and on receipt of legitimate certification that the work has been carried out. The £500 figure is based on a sample of 101 clients who received a rebate between 2016-2017.
*sources: business continuity institute/london chamber of commerce and industry ǂft.com July 2014 MacTavish
Let's make it cheaper, by doing it right
Not ready for a quote? Explore our related insurance products
"I left the blow torch on for a moment and took the phone call..."
"On the morning after the fire, no one gives a toss about how much you paid for your premium..."
"When the water came up to our knees we realised we might be a problem..."
Who are The Business Insurance Bureau?
The Business Insurance Bureau is a niche specialist underwriter and commercial insurance broker, defying conventional categorisation, comprising of a small number of gifted individuals forming a collective intellectual giant.
We have developed our own unique range of quality insurance products, which has given the business a competitive advantage in several areas. Being in control of the entire process, from enquiry to policy issue, has allowed our business to deliver service levels hitherto unimaginable in this sector, or indeed for a business of its physical size.
We insure a spectacularly diverse clientele, similarly exclusive and excellent in their field, who rely on The Business Insurance Bureau to protect their assets, minimise their liabilities and secure their future.
Here's what our clients say about us...
Roll up, roll up! Read all about it...
The Business Insurance Bureau is famous for it’s simplification of the complex world of insurance. With corporate jargon galore, we believe that in order to run your business with peace of mind, you need simplistic and entertaining material when it comes the ‘boring but important’ things like business insurance. In order to help you along the way we have created many colourful and cheery leaflets to help you understand what risks your business can face and how we can help you reduce them.